عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسنده [English]چکیده [English]
Extensive participation of Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) in various international activities leads to unavoidable conflicts as to their interests and States interests. FIFA’s decisions on suspension and expulsion of some members, sometimes is interpreted as intervention in States internal affairs. A case in point is FIFA’s decision to force Iranian government to make revision to Statute of Iranian Football Federation that despite its conformity with Iranian laws was contrary to the FIFA standards. FIFA suspended the federation because the statute legalized intervention of the government in the federation affairs as an NGO. The dismissal of the president of national football federation by the president of the Physical Education Organization and the vice-President has been an obvious example of the intervention. Various political, social and economic consequences of this suspension caused the acceptance of FIFA's provisions by Iran, and thus making revision to the statute. But the important question as to the behavior of FIFA is whether or not it is an international law-maker? It seems that FIFA’s action is based on non-intervention of governments in football. Therefore FIFA’s attempts should not be considered as intervention in the affairs of governments. The action of FIFA is an effort of a non-governmental organization for “return to usual state” by resorting to public opinion. FIFA can not accept intervention of States in the internal affairs of NGOs. In the author’s this should not be interpreted as opinion an intervention, political act or international law-making by FIFA. However FIFA’s actions show the power of a non-governmental organization toward harmonization.
12. Gilson, Eric T., Exploring the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Law Library Journal, 2006, Vol. 98, No. 3.
13. http://fifa.com/en/media/index/0,1369,126229,00.html?articleid=126229 - 2006-12-09
15. http://www.hawzah.net/Per/Magazine/NM/014/nm01403.asp 2008-02-25
16. http://www.hoqouq.com/law/article464.html 2007-02-21
18. http://www.nf-board.com/statutes.htm 2007-02-23
20. http://www.uia.org/legal/app411.php 2007-02-21
21. http://www.uia.org/uia/profilen.php 2007-02-18
22. Subjectivity in International Law, Grasimos Fourlanos, 53 Nordisk Tiddsskrift int'l Ret, 9, 1984.
23. The International Relations Dictionary, No. 417.